What is Klarna?
Klarna is the leading global payments and shopping service, providing smarter and more flexible shopping and purchase experiences to 90 million active consumers across more than 250,000 merchants in 17 countries.
Klarna offers direct payments, pay after delivery options and installment plans in a smooth one-click purchase experience that lets consumers pay when and how they prefer to.
How Does Klarna Pay in 4 Work?
- Use your own valid debit or credit card, or other accepted payment method, to pay (no prepaid cards).
- The first payment is charged when the merchant completes your order (this is usually the shipping date for online orders).
- The next 3 payments are automatically made every 2 weeks after your first payment (payments are every 15 days for California residents).
- Klarna charges no interest with pay later in 4 and no fees unless you fail to make a payment or, in some circumstances, your payment is returned.
- If you return or cancel any part of your purchase, you may get a refund from Klarna depending on how the store handles returns and cancellations. If you are due a refund from Klarna on a returned or cancelled order, we will refund the balance back to your original payment method.
- If you have questions about the quality or shipping of your order, please contact the merchant where you made the purchase.
- A late fee of up to $7 may be charged if any scheduled payment remains unpaid after 10 days (this will never exceed 25% of your Installment Payment amount).
- Depending on your payment method, your financial institution may charge you interest or fees under your agreement with them. If you have any questions about those charges contact your payment method provider.
Returning Your Order
If you return your goods, Klarna will automatically reduce the amount you owe. Please be noted that returnings are subjected to our return policy pages. If you already paid for a refunded order, Klarna will refund the balance back to your original payment method.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I be notified about my installments?
Klarna notifies customers with payment reminders via SMS and e-mail before each payment is due.
When is my first Klarna payment due?
Your first payment of 25% of the total purchase price is due at the time of checkout. The remaining three payments will be billed automatically, every two weeks from the first payment date.
You will have a period of 30 days to pay your pay later in 30 days digital invoice. This period commences when the merchant confirms shipment of the goods, and the last day of such period is the “due date”. As soon as an item ships, Klarna will receive notification from the merchant and Klarna will then send you an e-mail informing you of the date by which payment is to be made, along with details about how payment must be made. Your payment is due to Klarna by 8 pm Eastern Time on your due date.
Can I pay off my Klarna installments early?
Of course! You can log in to Klarna's official website and then choose the order you wish to pay off early on customer portal.
Is there a fee to use pay 4 interest-free installments?
There are no fees when you follow the payment schedule. Please review product terms for applicable fees.
Learn more about Klarna
How can I contact Klarna customer service?